The Power of Pomegranate
I love pomegranate. Chop one in two and those beautiful little shimmering red seeds shine like little jewels. I was picking pomegranates fresh from the tree in Greece last summer and adding the seeds to salads, picking them out with a cocktail stick and using them to decorate pretty much every meal on our summer retreats.
Not only do pomegranates contain an amazing array of vitamins and nutrients to nourish us through eating them, their oil is also magnificent for soothing dry and irritated skin. In fact pomegranate seed oil can prove wonderfully beneficial for;
- Sunburn and painful rashes
- Mature and ageing skin
- Dry and flakey skin
- Irritated skin and skin disease (eczema, psoriasis)
Pomegranate seed is the key ingredient in our Radiant Skin Serum. It's what gives it it's lovely, silky smooth feel when you apply it to your skin. Absorbed effortlessly, whether you have a dry or oily complexion, this oil does not block pores but instead promotes regeneration of the epidermis. The oil penetrates deeply and does not leave a greasy residue. It has a lovely light feeling and contains an abundance of incredible skin benefits;
- Pomegranate seed oil contains a high concentration of ellagic acid. This is the same acid that's found in raspberries, cranberries and deep red grapes. It helps prevent wrinkles, brighten the complexion and has even been shown to help prevent skin cancer.
- Pomegranate seed oil is close to 70% punicic acid. This clever compound reduces inflammation, hydrates the skin and can even help repair damage caused by powerful UV rays.
- Pomegranate seed oil has a similar level of antioxidants to green tea. These are brilliant for smoothing wrinkles by mopping up any free radicals which can lead to premature ageing and thickening of the skin.
Our Radiant Skin Serum is anti inflammatory and specifically created to provide ultimate hydration and soothing relief for dry complexions and skin affected by eczema, sunburn or psoriasis.
If you struggle with psoriasis in your scalp and hairline, I find this serum particularly beneficial. Similarly for calming eczema on the eyelids, smoothing fine lines around the eyes, reducing redness caused by rosacea and hydrating dry skin patches on the cheeks.
Available from our Radiant Shop, use discount code POM10 for 10% off your order this week.*
*offer ends March 30th, while stocks last